Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Metal Buildings, what's your experience?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:11:31 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:22:02 -0700, aspasia wrote:

I'm told that at fast food places like McDonald's, the cash registers
now have PICTURES on them, since the kids can't read words like
hamburger, coke, etc.

I don't think that is the reason. I think that even for you and me a
keyboard like that is quicker to use.

All words look pretty much alike. Even the difference in length isn't
meaningful without actually reading the word. Pictures can be
clearly and quickly unique.

They started having keys for items instead of numbers because that way
the cashier doesn't have to keep track of price changes.

I'm betting it has more to do with non-english speaking employees.