Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Yamaha CR-820 Repair: No Output, Tuner shows signal received.

"Sitre Magana" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 18, 2:43 pm, "Paul Feaker" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

. net...

I have an old Yamaha CR-820 receiver/amplifier that no longer has any
sound output. The meters still show signal strenght when a tune across
the
AM/FM bands but I get no audio from the speakers or the phone jack. No
hiss. hum, carckle or pops. JUst solid dead silence.

It isn't worth sending out for a shop base repair.

Has anyone has a similar problem? Does anyone know where I can obtain a
schematic or service manual?

Have you plugged in a CD player to it yet?

Why would anybody plug in a CD player to a broken stereo stupid?

That is what I thiought too. I think the post may have been just a "funny".