Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Kettles

On 2007-04-26 10:03:31 +0100, Frank Erskine
said:

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:47:22 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2007-04-26 07:55:26 +0100, andrew@a17 (Andrew Gabriel) said:

I still have a 30 year old Russell Hobbs stainless steel
kettle which just predates the conversion into consumables.
I can't see any reason why it won't carry on going another
30 years. A couple of years ago, it spent a while being
used as a builders kettle, and got very mucky. I decided
to take it apart to thoroughly clean all the plaster etc
from it, and it came up like knew.

This is the kind that they made for years with the red push switch on
the black handle?

An excellent product indeed. I've still got one..

Like this:-

http://www.danny.mcnulty.btinternet.co.uk/k2.html

Yes, the top one.