Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Metal Buildings, what's your experience?

"David Martel" wrote in message
ink.net...
Steve,

I want to get a metal building. I called contractors. For a 1500 sf
building, they want $55,000 to $65,000 for a total job.

Ok, what's "a total job"? The building package, a concrete slab,
electricity?, water and sewer?, site prep?, final lot grading? You don't
say but you do need to know what you'll get from a "pro" job.
You claim that the building package is $15000 but I think you need to
check that. That may not be the retail price. The dealer may not sell you
consumers at all.

Dave M.

Dave, Dave, Dave. I have contracted three houses. I have done half a dozen
remodels. I'm good at math. I can add. I was a licensed steel erection
contractor in Nevada for nine years.

A project of this size is a small one. You break it down into categories.
You figure out how long it takes and at how much an hour. I found half a
dozen companies that would sell me buildings delivered on site with their
forklift. As one guy suggested, I could get a group of four buddies
together, or even four half assed workmen, and have it together in a week.
I WOULD have a concrete contractor do the slab. Other than that, prefab
metal buildings are just slightly harder than Lincoln Logs.

Your ideas about dealers not selling to consumers is laughable. When it
comes to customers, they're about as choosy as crack dealers.

Steve