Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Metal Buildings, what's your experience?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:59:33 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Steve B wrote:

"Pete C." wrote

I have some medical "issues" which are beginning to limit me.

Your excuse to remain comfortably in the operators seat of the rented
telehandler

I have run forklifts for a lot of years, and up to a 60 ton crane. Looks
like I could handle some small trusses and whatever else had to be hoisted
up with these.

Yep, models available with plenty of reach and lift capacity. Common
items at United Rentals, Nations Rent, etc.

Do these people think you can't even operate a calculator?

I expect so, and with recent "graduates" of our "educational" system I
expect they are correct. The latest batch can't even figure out the
mileage their car is getting.

Why do that? Nowadays, the cash register tells you how much change to give,
and if you push a button, there's a mpg indicator on most cars. You DO have
to be able to read the manual, though.

Several recent incidents I've heard of:

A "gifted" high school students with no idea how to use a ruler. Didn't
they teach that in kindergarten?

Several "gifted" high school students with no idea how to use a socket
set. I don't care if you've never used one before, common sense should
dictate that the square thingy on the long thingy might connect with the
square recess on the small round thingies.

Someone well out of high school who thought their new truck got better
mileage than their old one because they put less $ in the tank each fill
up. Completely missing the difference in tank sizes, frequency of fill
ups, etc.

This whole country is generally doomed, I just hope it doesn't get too
bad before my birth certificate expires...

I'm told that at fast food places like McDonald's, the cash registers
now have PICTURES on them, since the kids can't read words like
hamburger, coke, etc.