Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Kettles

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:49:41 GMT, raden mused:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Grunff wrote:
Worse still is the current fashion for stainless steel kettles - these
take ages to boil. A few years back we were given a stainless kettle and
toaster matching set. The performance of both was awful. We've gone back
to using nice plastic ones, which boil quickly.

Leaving aside the fact I don't like boiled toast I'll warrant both your
plastic toaster and kettle will fall apart long before stainless steel
ones. Plastics simply don't like heat long term.

Maybe so, but every plastic kettle I've had fail has been because of the
element, and it's cheaper to buy a new kettle than mess around replacing
the element

Hmm, every plastic kettle I've had has been retired because it's
started leaking.
--
Regards,
Stuart.