Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default device to push slider windows tightly closed

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:09:06 -0600, John Keith wrote:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:27:08 -0500, "Steve Barker"
wrote:

how about a twist to adjust shower curtain rod? Dunno if you'll find one
that short however.

I like your creative thinking! It might be possible to cut the rod to
fit. I'll look into that. My immediate concern is whether they would
exert enough force combined with could the homeowner overcome the
force to insert them. But definitely worth further examination.

Thanks!

If the owners are truely as feeble as you seem to be implying,
I think you should get a reversible motor and some threaded rod,
and open and close the window electrically. If they're
able to exert any reasonable amount of force, then
just use a hinged stick like they used to use to lock
baby-gates into doorways. Kind of like this:

www.goedjn.com/sketch/wlatch.gif

The amount of mechanical advantage you get
is the ratio of the amount of the top stick
right of the hinge to the amount left of the hinge.

--Goedjn