Posted to uk.d-i-y
camjay camjay is offline

Default flooded kitchen - replace the floor?

On 22 Apr, 21:35, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 08:56:00 GMT, Lobster
wrote:
|!Has the chipboard swollen up like weetabix - if so it's not reversible
|!and theflooris likely to be uneven and weakened, and there would
|!probably be justification for replacing it. Otherwise not, I'd say.

Just replaced some of my chipboardkitchenfloorwhich was just like that.
I could not tell until the hardboard was removed, then it was clear that it
had to go. Now getting rid of all chipboard in mykitchenwhich may get
wet, under washing machine, sinks etc.

..
Well, the loss adjuster came today. He touched the damp hardboard,
said hmmm very wet, and booked some contractors in to give me a quote
for replacing the lot. Now I just have to get them to use plywood
instead.