Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair
Randel Chiffiald Randel Chiffiald is offline

Default Help please identifying another part - This one from an NEC TV.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 02:18:34 -0700, SuperM
SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGala xy.org wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 06:06:28 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
Gave us:

"Randel Chiffiald" wrote in message
. ..

I need to replace a 2.2 mfd 160 V cap, but I don't know which type
of capacitor,(electrolytic, tant, mica, poly... etc.)

Very likely electrolytic. Could be poly. Sure isn't tantalum or mica.

All three can actually reach that value, but *we* know for sure that
it is an EL.

The problem at this point is his attitude, and the fact that he
couldn't ID it from a glance tells us he shouldn't be doing the repair
*attempt*.

He'll likely screw it up, or not repair the root cause for that
part's failure, and end up having to get it professionally repaired,
and after telling that guy what he already did, it will likely cost
him twice as much to do it, as the tech will see the opportunity for
the "idiot with a screwdriver" penalty imposition.

Bwuahahahaha!

You people really crack me up - really. If you could read beyond
your own little contribution to idiocy, you would know how ridiculous you
really sound. But then I wouldn't have such a grand time reading the tripe
from people who think they know what they are talking about, and have all
the answers, but couldn't be more wrong if they tried. Besides, the only way
people like you talk the way you do, is that you hide behind a keyboard. If
you were standing in front of me, the self importance you project when you
feel safe behind your anonymity would disappear, and you might just become a
human being. Should you have actually known me during the last 40 years I
have been working in electronics, you would know that what you said is
completely opposite to reality. I actually almost wish you would meet me in
person after writing you thoughtless negative generalizations about me. If
you did, and unless you have not a single ounce of shame, I have little
doubt that not only would you feel about 1 inch tall, but seeing me in my
current health, you would insist on doing the work for me. Time, living my
life to its fullest when I wasn't holed up working on this or that project,
and some poor personal choices have left me crippled, in a 24/7 hell of
agonizing pain, and dependant on pure oxygen to survive. My will to live, a
life long love and fascination for electronics, and first and foremost, my
daughter, are the only things keeping me going. With this message, I simply
asked for help with confirmation of the identity of a capacitor, nothing
else, but some people are so filled with hatred that they have to heap it on
anyone who happens to catch their attention. Yes, you people crack me up,
but I feel sad for you. Even in my condition, I am a lot happier with life
than you seem to be. Unlike some, I haven't given up yet. If I had, I'd have
gone a long time ago. So thanks for the therapeutic laughter. If you feel
the need to hide behind your shield and spew more vitriolic banter, by all
means, go ahead. You'll have to forgive me if I do not respond. I much
better ways to spend what time I have left. With luck, you'll keep me in
stitches for a long time to come. Thanks to Chuck I have the
simple information I needed, (thanks again Chuck!) so I no longer need to
monitor this thread. For that, I owe Chuck big time! LMAO Ah, that's the
ticket!

Randy

P.S. I trust that anyone else with similar problems as SuperM, and feels the
same need to lash out at people, consider the above applies to you as well.
This will save me from having to repeat myself and you can also consider
this my final posting on the matter.

Again,
Randy.