Posted to uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default Concentric Mixer Taps

On Apr 24, 2:03 pm, Chris wrote:
Hello,

I've a mixer taps with two concentric holes on the spout and I'm
trying to get a definitive answer as to which way around the hot and
cold should be. In all my experience of such taps, the hot has
emerged through the central hole, and the cold through the outer,
although I can find nothing that definitively states that this should
be the case.

The property we've just moved into has the hot and the cold the other
way round, but also had the red and blue caps on the wrong sides, so
I'm inclined to believe that the tap has just been fitted backwards!
The developer doesn't seem to believe this however, and just wants to
swap the caps round, so it would be nice to have something written to
convince them.

If anyone can confirm exactly how such taps should be connected, it
would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Hi

I believe the cold should be on the outside so as to prevent scalding
by coming directly into contact with the unmixed hot water.

Steve