Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Septic Tank Caved in

"mstrspy" wrote in message
news
The tank has been abandoned for at least 50 years (ie) no raw sewage
for 50 years The steel cover rotted. That's why it collapsed. I will
fill with sand and keep adding sand until it doesn't ettle anymore.
Then I will use topsoil. The lawn in that part of my yrd isn't the
greatest so I'm not concerned about how it will look. Only concerned
about safety.

The boulders will give a margin of safety compared to a big hole that you'd
not be able to climb out of. Boulders piled near the top prevent you from
falling very far.