Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default broken nut

Charles wrote:
"3G" wrote in message ...

Has anyone ever have this happen?

today I went to change the table saw blade and when I unscrewed the nut
that holds on the blade, it was cracked in half.
I was thinking after I replaced the blade and installed a new nut what
would have happened if the nut broke in half while spinning.

I must say "in all the years of changing saw blades I have never seen or
heard of this happening".

Has anyone ever have this happen?

If the nut broke while the blade was running, it would have wobbled and
likely given you visual and audio feedback and you would have turned off the
saw! The blade might have stalled ... quit turning ... most likely
scenario.

No, but I have had other scary stuff happen.

Lets hear about it. Here is one for fun: Try installing an
adjustable bit in a drill press.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.