Posted to alt.home.repair
nr nr is offline

Default Looking for 4-Prong Phone Outlet to Modular Plug

On Apr 24, 8:37 am, Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article . com,

nr wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the above? It has a 4-prong phone
outlet at one end, a 3" or so modular cord, then a modular plug.

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-modular-to-4-prong-adapterivory--pi-2111...

You could remove the old jack and install a new, modular outlet (jack) in its
place. The wiring is very simple. Good luck.
--

JR

Yes, that is correct, but that's not my intent. Since I cannot find a
switched phone connector (to switch a phone on/off), I want to use the
4-prong setup to accomplish this. Continuously inserting and removing
the modular plugs causes the clip part to break off. I will plug the
modular plug into a 4-prong adapter, the adapter into the 4-prong
outlet which is plugged into the modular jack. I am open to
alternatives.