Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default device to push slider windows tightly closed

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:11:49 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

John,
I think perhaps you are addressing symptoms rather than the underlying
problem.

I hazard a guess that the sliding panels ride on some sort of plastic
bushing and that has worn to the point that the window is cocking and
dragging.

Try inspecting the bushings, and if you find them worn, often these can be
obtained from a glass shop.

A bunch of them are broken in my house and I was going to make my own.
Thank you for what is most likely a better suggestion.

Mine are just plastic rectangles with a hole in the middle. They are
held on by one screw at each end of the window and are rounded at the
bottom to slide in the channel.

Some have broken at the hole.

If the windows are large they even might have little plastic rollers, but
those are probably still available also.