Phil Teague

Default Equivalents for Shell Tellus 27 and Tonna 33 ?

"AL" wrote in message news:JtM5c.25988$Cb.477090@attbi_s51...
The manual for my Enco lathe says to use Shell Tellus 27 and Shell Tonna 33
for lubrication. I can't find anybody that sells these items. Does anyone
know where I can buy them from, or if there are any equivalents?

This reply to the same question by Don Foreman (5/98) on this board:

"Tellus 27 would be referred to as an R&O 32 -- Rust & Oxidation
inhibited,
ISO 32 viscosity. Mobil DTE Light is an example.
Usually found only in 5 gallon lots, but McMaster-Carr sells gallon
jugs of
it for about $10.

For Tonna 33, use Mobil Vactra #2."

The answers to questions like this can usually be found by using the
search feature on Google.