Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Concentric Mixer Taps

On 24 Apr 2007 06:03:53 -0700 someone who may be Chris
wrote this:-

I've a mixer taps with two concentric holes on the spout and I'm
trying to get a definitive answer as to which way around the hot and
cold should be. In all my experience of such taps, the hot has
emerged through the central hole, and the cold through the outer,
although I can find nothing that definitively states that this should
be the case.

There is probably nothing "official" to state this. I hope officials
have better things to do with their time than draw up silly rules.

However, the reason for having the cold on the outside is so the
spout remains cool to the touch. If the "developer" won't fix this
snag then deduct some money from their payment to cover having it
put right.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh