Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Old Septic Tank Caved in

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 03:30:25 GMT, mstrspy wrote:

The tank has been abandoned for at least 50 years (ie) no raw sewage
for 50 years The steel cover rotted. That's why it collapsed. I will
fill with sand and keep adding sand until it doesn't ettle anymore.
Then I will use topsoil. The lawn in that part of my yrd isn't the
greatest so I'm not concerned about how it will look. Only concerned
about safety.

i THINK on Leno tonight it was, he gave the bare bones about a 75 year
old woman who was trying to put flowers on a grave, when the grave
collapsed and she fell in.

Of course that is a well-known issue, and I don't think the depth can
be as much.