Rex B

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:45:10 GMT, Gunner wrote:

||On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:52:43 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
||On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:15:28 -0500, Gary Coffman
||wrote:
||The manager of the Sugarloaf QuikTrip told me that he went from new hire
||to store manager in 2 weeks. Apparently they're promoting rather rapidly.
|| And how many hours a week does this "Manager" put in doing
||managerial type duties like ordering, billing, payroll - versus
||standing behind the counter running the register that an hourly
||employee would be doing?
|| There are a lot of companies who view making someone "management" a
||cheap way to get an overtime-exempt slave, where they can saddle you
||with 80+ hour weeks as a 'salaried' or 'exempt' employee, including
||covering every shift where an employee calls in sick or just doesn't
||bother to show up... Beware.
|| California has busted companies for doing this, but when you have
||lawyers on retainer there's always another loophole out there...
|| -- Bruce --
||Indeed. My last position before getting into the machine tool
||industry, was tech services manager of one of the Cincinnati Time
||franchises. Time clocks, data collection, access control, fire alarms,
||etc etc..I had the C7-C10 he needed.
||Things went along swimmingly until one payday I noticed that my 30hrs
||OT seemed to be missing from my weekly check..when I politely
||inquired..he bluntly told me that as I was "management", he no longer
||needed to pay me OT. After a bit of discussion with the little
||****ant, I sucked it up and a week later got into the machine tool
||business via a customer/friend.

I understand there is some legislation in the works to close that loophole.
The office left-winger was in here sneering about it. Took me a while to
understand how he was able to make a negative out of it. All i could do was
shake my head.
Rex in Fort Worth