Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] chegue1469@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sock in washing machine water pump!

ΤΗΡί Θά:
On 22 Apr 2007 21:46:08 -0700,
wrote:

I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this problem before. Today we
were doing the wash and the Kenmore direct-drive washer started
buzzing when it should have been moving the agitator. After taking off
the cabinet and removing the motor and pump, I noticed that a baby
sock had gotten clogged inside the water pump impeller. I looked
inside the metal basket and the holes just seem way to small for a
sock (even a baby sock) to get through. Has anyone ever seen this
problem before? I'm glad it is fixed, but now I don't know how careful
I should be with other small clothing items. Thanks in advance for
your input.

I can't answer your question but I use a net lingerie bag for all those
small items or anything delicate I don't want beating itself to death in
the Kenmore.