Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

Default Strange Problem with Kitchen Faucet/Water Filter HELP

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:50:28 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
graced this newsgroup with:

"Max" wrote in message

thanks. I'll go and change the cartridges and see if that works.
However, why would the water still cut off if I cut off the water
supply to the filter?

I'm not sure what you mean by cutting the water supply to the filter and
still having water cut off. If you close the supply to the filter, you
should be getting no flow? Does your filter housing have a top section that
turns to shut the water off? Could be the problem there.

there's a "T" valve that has a cut off to the filter. When open, the
water flows from the main water line to both the faucet and the
filter, The valve has a cut-off that will shut the flow of water off
going to the filter but allow water to continue to the faucet.

This ensures no water goes to the filters if either there's a leak or
when changing filters.

It's really nothing more than a three way valve under the sink.