Posted to alt.home.repair
mstrspy mstrspy is offline

Default Old Septic Tank Caved in

Looks like I built my self a nice rock garden! Kidding Aside, I had
to do somethng quick. Ther are kids running around in my yard all the
time and the last thing I want is for someone to fall into the hole.

On 22 Apr 2007 18:58:11 -0700, "
wrote:

On Apr 22, 9:37?pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

What should have they done with it? hy don't you do it then? hould
they have dug it up?
My house also has an abandoned septic tank in the yard. 've done with it
the same thing that
you're previous owners did with yours - *nothing*.

Then you should do something. ome town have codes and procedures as does
the Uniform Plumbing Code

Also, read this (ttp://www.septicprotector.com/deathpools.htm

Ignorance is not an excuse so it would be wise to remedy the bad situation.

big bopulders and rocks BAD IDEA! the dirt that musat o on top will
forever be leaking between boulders and sinking.

you shoulds of filled with gravel little sink with that, or filled
with plain dirt sprayed with water and compacted.

what you added was the worst choice you could of made.....

sorry to give you bad news......