Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Safe Stop

On Apr 21, 4:00 pm, "Wayne J." wrote:
"Wayne J." wrote in message

Man, this is a tough crowd.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your opinions. I am going to explore it, along
with Delta and a couple of others. SWMBO is getting real concerned with my
old saw, so maybe she will let me spring for a "safer" saw.

Wayne

Not a tough crowd at all. Sometimes it just seems to be a lot of
bitchy, whining housewives. They will write on an one about how
someone wastes their time, how it annoys them, and how stupid and
inconsiderate some people can be. It would have been easier (although
nowhere near as much fun) to simply write a valid response addressing
the question.

OR BETER YET, IGNORE THE QUESTIONS ALTOGETHER. That maybe a little
more neanderthal man than renaissance, so that could be the problem
here.

Example: SO says, "you know what happened today? One of the girls
asked me this question today that I have answered a million times. I
swear to God if she asks me one more time I will ****ing scream!"

Neaderthal response (me): Uh - huh.

That't it. Sad, huh?

Renaissance man: OMG... I can't believe she asked that again! You
would think that as many times as we have gone over that she would
have picked it up, of no other way than osmosis! That is so
stupid.... she is so stupid.... OMG.... doesn't she realize how much
time she wastes when she does that? Why in my case, being the kind
of self reliant person I am, I never ask any questions on a whim!
Never... in fact (just add another 20 minutes of pointless bitching
here, the relelvance and value understood only between renaissance men
and typical women).

This is a public forum, a like all kinds of other breaches of accepted
protocol some see or experience in public, no need to freak out. Do
what most do best - turn around and walk away.

To me, the question has to be asked: Why is ignoring a post you find
distasteful so difficult?

I understand that many feel that even though a public forum, it should
be run the way THEY want it, the RIGHT way, although some masquerade
as it simply being an attempt to show consideration for all. That
kind of pointless badgering and meaness makes some of the more petty
folks feel important. And maybe even like their opinion counts
somewhere if they see it in writing.

I say post away with all questions big and small, important and dumb,
and hope that one day people will learn which ones to respond to after
reading. The helpful guys will do one of two things: provide some
advice, or put the OP in the right direction by giving them some hints
on where to find pertinent information.

Now the others in a way are more entertaining to me. They respond with
the classic "why when I did that I did this or that, or looked here or
there" and obviously are quite proud of themselves for figuring that
out. But sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes it comes off as
"hey, I'm so GD stoopid I figured out how to do it, so surely you
can do the same".

Fun group.

Get on with some more ass kickin'.

Robert