Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Safe Stop

In article ,
says...
Doug,

Deep breath in......

Your suggestions that people research before they ask a question here is
fundamentaly flawed.

What makes you the sole arbiter of where one commences a search?

What makes you think that I'm attempting to set myself up as "the sole
arbiter of where one commences a search"? Get a grip, Mike, all I did
was suggest that since the SawStop has already been discussed here
numerous times, he should check Google Groups to see what's already been
said.

Why is
it correct that someone must search google before they use a newsgroup?
Newsgroups pre-date Google by a looong way. What makes it correct that you
can't come here until you have been there?????

Again -- if he wants opinions on the SawStop, the easiest way of finding
them is to look at the opinions that have already been expressed.

Your position is based on YOUR view of the world, and which end of the
chicken the bloody egg came out of.

My view is that there is NOTHING wrong with someone asking in a
newsgroup a question that might have been asked a million times. Go to a
pub, lean against the local bar, and ask "Who is that statue out there in
memory of?" They don't all pipe in and say "Go to the Library mate - all the
answers you need are there, now **** off "

And where did I tell him anything even remotely like "all the answers
you need are there, now **** off"??

Relax, have a cold beer, and calm down.