Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Safe Stop

BTW - We have been to the Grizzly Springfield store. If you haven't been to
their outlet, by all means do. It is the ultimate big-boys candy store.

RonB

An alternative is Shop Fox. They are the retail outlet version of
Grizzly. Pretty much the same machines with different looks.

RonB

"Wayne J." wrote in message

"RonB" wrote in message
Might look at Grizzly 1023 series too. I don't know what shipping into
Canada costs but it is in a real similar class as the Unisaw and Jet
Cabinet saws.

RonB

"Wayne J." wrote in message

"Han" wrote in message
"Wayne J." wrote in

why can't a person just ask a question and not get a civil answer?

Like I have posted above, I have researched this and I am asking for
some genuine opinions. If you don't have one, then don't asnwer.

I am very sorry I cam back to this group.

thank you
wayne

The subject has been discussed to death.
What I got from all the opinions is that the Sawstop company would
like to
make their patented technology obligatory in the name of safety. They
could not persuade nor legislate that. So they decided to make their
own
machine. Apparently it is generally well made, does what it
advertizes,
but is expensive. You do the cost-benefit analysis.

--
Best regards
Han

thanks Han.

I am seeing that as it is about $2,000 higher then a Unisaw up here in
Canada. I think I may still go with the Unisaw or a Jet.

I am going to go talk to a friend at Lee Valley today, though.

thks
Wayne

Grizzly used to be available in Canada, but now they are not shippping to
Canada. The good news is they have an outlet just across the border in
Bellingham, Washington. That is very close. I will check out with
Canadian Border Services to see if they are restricted for some reason.
Probably CSA approval.

thks