Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Inserts.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 06:55:06 -0400, "PVR"
wrote:

I have some standard electrical outlets where the cover plate stands proud
of the wall by 1/8"-1/4". The easiest way to correct this would be by use of
an insert between the wall and the cover plate.

Does anyone know if these inserts are available and where?

Many thanks,

Peter.

I would just get some foam rubber insulating things that are maant to
go behind the wall plate to keep the cold air in the wall from getting
into the room.

I have a lightswitch, Decora style I think it is, with the big wide
rocker, at the head of my bed where I WANT the plate to stick out an
extra 1/8", so that when I put a pillow against the switch, I won't
turn it on or off. With just one of these insulating things, the
plate is far enough out that the switch toggle is protected.

They come precut for outlets. Or you could make them.