Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Anna is offline

Default Chimney repair

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:31:04 +0100, "Newshound"
wrote:

You will have difficulty finding a bona fide builder who will do the
work without a scaffold these days (H&S looms it head) and the builder
is not going to front the scaffold cost which might be about £500

I was interested to find you can get a used Transit with a cherry picker for
a few grand. Obviously this won't have the "reach" for all jobs but it
struck me as a useful investment if one were doing a major refurbishment
where the access was OK.

I've several times been tempted by using a cherry picker (to hire not
to buy) probably cos I want to play with one! but every time access
has been the problem. People have a nasty tendency to put rockeries or
raised beds or have sloping land just where you want to take the
cherry picker. In the end a fixed scaffold has been the answer and has
the advantage that several people can work at once. Still looking for
the ideal cherry picker job ...

Anna