Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

Default Chicken Wire Fasteners

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Please forgive me for posting on topic, I promise not to do it
again.

Today I had a service call, to a cat shelter. There is an outdor
cat run, probably 15 by 15 feet. The walls and "roof" such as it
is are rolled chicken wire.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...icken_wire.jpg

And these rolled out chicken wire are connected together by
literally many hundreds of nylon tie straps.
http://www2.gpmd.com/image/g/gwse2036.jpg

But, with the sunlight, the nylon gets brittle and breaks. This
is a constant struggle, to keep put on new tiestraps. And a LOT
of labor. I can get UV resistant black tiestraps at my wholesale
parts house. But, it seems like there should be a metal crimp, or
something to hold the chicken wire together. What is there, for
this purpose?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.