Posted to rec.woodworking

Default urns

On Apr 21, 12:38 pm, Andy Dingley wrote:

wrote:
I don't think there is a requirement for pet urns, but for human urns, you should check with the proper authorities before starting.

Or else just get the ashes in a cardboard box and transfer them later.
I've made a few caskets now (not a turned one though) and I've yet to
have one be the first container used.

I remember you are from the UK, and I certainly can't speak for any
regulations or laws across the waves.

Certainly not to say it isn't done, but it is against federal and
state law to improperly bury or inter a human body. The constainer
(no matter the state of the cadaver - embalmed, cremated, frozen,
dismembered, etc.) must meet state and federal requirements.

Apparently the requirements aren't actually that strict, and the main
concern is the ability to seal the remains.

Robert