Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chicken Wire Fasteners

The challenge is that the cat coop is so large, the chicken wire
seams aren't lined up with boards. Be easier if they were, just
staple the seams to boards. The cat coop is probably 15 feet by
15 feet, and it's not practical to climb up on the "roof" of the
coop.

The problem is as you say, at the seams where the rolls of
chicken wire come together. There can be gaps large enough for a
kitty to wriggle through.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"aemeijers" wrote in message
:
: "Steve Barker" wrote in message
: ...
: What is it tied TO?
:
: --
: Steve Barker
:
:
:
: That is likely part of the problem- it is tied to itself,
instead of a
: frame. If I inderstand OPs post correctly, the enclosure, aside
from maybe
: some corner posts, is basically a chicken-wire box. So all the
joints flex
: all the time, which will make a zip tie fail quickly, sunlight
or not. The
: volunteers need to scrape up some 2x2 and 2x4, and build an
actual chicken
: coop frame (mini-POW cage style), and attach the chicken wire
to that with
: fence staples, like Old McDonald and God intended.
:
: I remember once as a kid, when I got roped into feeding a
neighbor lady's
: hobby chickens while her and my mother were out doing something
together one
: day. When I got there around dusk, one of the roosters was
strutting around
: the yard outside the pen, just as pleased as he could be with
himself. But
: it was all show- as soom as he realized I was there, he ran
back to the pen,
: and stuffed himself back in, right through the overlapped
chicken wire
: joint. He knew where his 'safe' zone was.
:
: aem sends....
:
: aem sends....