Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Chicken Wire Fasteners

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
What is it tied TO?

--
Steve Barker

That is likely part of the problem- it is tied to itself, instead of a
frame. If I inderstand OPs post correctly, the enclosure, aside from maybe
some corner posts, is basically a chicken-wire box. So all the joints flex
all the time, which will make a zip tie fail quickly, sunlight or not. The
volunteers need to scrape up some 2x2 and 2x4, and build an actual chicken
coop frame (mini-POW cage style), and attach the chicken wire to that with
fence staples, like Old McDonald and God intended.

I remember once as a kid, when I got roped into feeding a neighbor lady's
hobby chickens while her and my mother were out doing something together one
day. When I got there around dusk, one of the roosters was strutting around
the yard outside the pen, just as pleased as he could be with himself. But
it was all show- as soom as he realized I was there, he ran back to the pen,
and stuffed himself back in, right through the overlapped chicken wire
joint. He knew where his 'safe' zone was.

aem sends....

aem sends....