Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg Rich Greenberg is offline

Default Lightbulb popped, now won't work

"Chaviva" wrote in message
I got a drop of cold tap water on a hot bulb over the bathroom sink (25
watt globe) and it popped.
I replaced the bulb, and now that one bulb doesn't work. I tried another
bulb, it isn't the bulb. There are three others on that strip over the
mirror that work fine still.
Is this something I'd need a professional for, or something we can do
ourselves?
My husband is handy around the house, but he doesn't know what could be
causing it to not work.
Any advice appreciated.

If the sandpaper doesn't work, AND your husband is comfortable doing
this open up the fixture and check the internal connections. Each
socket has 2 wires connecting to the hot and neutral coming into the
fixture and its likely that one of these connections is loose.

CAUTION: Unless he knows EXACTLY what he is doing, open the fixture and
work inside only with the circut breaker feeding the fixture OFF.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red, Shasta & Casey (RIP), Red & Zero, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L