Posted to alt.home.repair
cc cc is offline

Default Carpenter Bees and Redwood Fence Posts

On Apr 20, 11:26 am, "The Ranger" wrote:
I was at the side yard, opening the gate to put away my mower when
two of the largest bees I've ever encountered flew out from inside
a knothole in the lower portion of the 4"X4" post. They weren't
too aggressive, simply floated at my eye level and watched me
until they'd decided I wasn't a threat. One was blonde, the other
black. Judging by what I've found through google, the blonde is a
male and the black female.http://www.whatsthatbug.com/carpenter.html

Since I'd rather _not_ get stung removing the fence post (it
cracked loudly when I opened the gate), is there some preferred
method for evicting said colony?

Many thanks.

The Ranger
---
[Our] butchers used to say the only thing on an animal they
couldn't recycle was the squeal of a pig and the moo of a cow.
strider, afb, 10/Jul/2005

Easy..go to doyourownpestcontrol.com..call the support number, tell
them what you have, they will tell you what you need to kill em..have
had recuring paper wasp problems for years, paid normal pest control
companies, did not work..used their stuff, not a single wasp to be
seen..excellent and works and people are knowledgeable..do yourself a
favor and do it right and cheaper..