Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRdd HotRdd is offline

Default Deck post question

Great, this actually answers my questions. NOW what wood sealer do you guys
recommend?

"HotRdd" wrote in message
I'm about to start the replacement of an old deck and was wondering if you
guys can answer a few questions for me.

1) I've reclaimed some old and heavy 10" x 10" posts from a barn that I'm
hoping to use to give the deck some character, does anyone see any
problems using this structurally?

2) What type of sealer should I use to treat this old
lumber.Recommendations

3) I need to bury some posts this weekend and I'm not sure what the best
method is. Do you get a concrete tube and fill it full of concrete and
then put the post on top or do you encase the post in the concrete? WHY?

4) Should I stick with treated lumber for the posts?