Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chaviva Chaviva is offline

Default Lightbulb popped, now won't work

"mc" wrote in message
.. .

"Chaviva" wrote in message
I got a drop of cold tap water on a hot bulb over the bathroom sink (25
watt globe) and it popped.
I replaced the bulb, and now that one bulb doesn't work. I tried another
bulb, it isn't the bulb. There are three others on that strip over the
mirror that work fine still.
Is this something I'd need a professional for, or something we can do
ourselves?
My husband is handy around the house, but he doesn't know what could be
causing it to not work.
Any advice appreciated.
Chaviva

You say "that one bulb doesn't work" but I think you mean "any bulb in
that socket doesn't work."

With the power to that light turned off at the circuit breaker box, try
cleaning the contacts in the socket (where the bulb screws in and makes
contact). Use sandpaper.

Yes, thank you.. that is what I meant. I didn't know what the thing was
called that you put the bulb into!
I'll tell him and we'll try that, thank you,
Chaviva