Dave Plowman

Default Petrol in diesel again!

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Well I drive one. The land rover. But all cars rattle to an extent. Its
goes with theterritory of valves, tappets etc etc, and modern lean burn
petrolengines are run to the point of detonation too.

Most modern petrol engines will have knock sensors - the purpose of which
is to avoid detonation.

Modsern diesle by the way, that use advanced multi-pulse injection,
don't detonate at low throttle the way traditional ones do.

A neighbour has the same car as me only diesel. It wakes up the street
when he starts up. ;-) It's fine on the move though.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done.*

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn