Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rüdiger Leibrandt Rüdiger Leibrandt is offline

Default single ended signal to differential signal?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Rüdiger Leibrandt wrote:
Unbalanced to balanced? What is the signal? And just how far are you
sending it using which cable?

Okay: the signal is a few millivolts around 2V, but it can go up to full
5 Volts in the extreme case. The cable used is a category 5 cable, about,
I think, 8 meters in length. I'm just the poor guy having to solder it
all together, so I can at this time not make much from the terms balanced
or unbalanced. With an average of 2V the signal has a definetive offset,
and it needs being DC coupled into the TL072 acting as line driver for
the differential line. I find no infos on the net for that kind of setup,
and it wonders me, for there are tons of scenarios where the reverse is
being done.

You still haven't said what the signal is. Audio? Video? SHF? ;-)

It's a radar - The frequency varies with the speed of items approaching or
moving away, the distance they are away, and such stuff - its a tiny
doppler-radar. I have - honestly no clue, for there is no information upon
the maximum frequency-shift in this manual, nor does my boss know what
things he actually wants to focus on.

It is a InnoSent IVS24-2-4-2-162 K-Band VCO Trasceiver

The MAX will do it's job pretty well - DC coupled and capable to transmit up
to 200MHz - more our digitizer-card cannot handle anyway.