Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default curiosity about septic and cesspool systems

On Apr 18, 6:46 pm, wrote:
My wife and I are planning the build of a rural home in Hawaii next
year. And forgive a city boy for asking, but when a house is using a
cesspool system instead of city sewer, does the laundry, bath and
other grey water also go into the cesspool, or is there some other
treatment process for that type of wastewater.

It is possible to do it both ways. If you divert greywater you may be
able to get by with a smaller septic. I'm guessing that Hawaii has
very specific requirements which are strictly enforced.