Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Question about cordless phone battery

UCLAN wrote:
Brian O wrote:

Your battery is available directly through Northwestern Bell. Go to:

http://store.unical-estore.com/battery.html Just $5!

Plus $6.85 shipping!! I can buy this same battery at Walgreen's Drug
Store
for $9.99.

Plus tax, plus wear-and-tear on your car, plus your time, plus the
cost to repair the parking lot incurred door-ding caused by little
Jimmy getting out of his parent's Lexus.

$11.85 delivered to your door seems like a bargain in comparison.

Not if you're already going to the store or need other items from the
same place, which most people do on a regular basis.

Personally I'd rather get off my ass, get out and have a little human
interaction once in a while than pay more for postage than the item
costs. If a substantial savings of time or money can be realized by
ordering online I will and often do, but for something like a battery
it's easier to just go to the store.