Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default single ended signal to differential signal?

"Rüdiger Leibrandt" wrote in message
I posted this a bit earlier in sci.electronics.design, but this list seems
to be more alive at this time of the day:
I need to convert a single ended signal to a differential one. Theres is
plenty of documentation on the other way ( differential to single ended )
but I am lost regardign info on my problem. Anyone has some info or links
to this topic? I need to both amplify the signal and boost it over the
line.

Any help or suggestion appreciated.

Take a look at the Analog Devices SSM2142 Balanced Line Driver
(http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,765...SM2142,00.html) for the single-ended
to balanced line (differential) function. AD also has a mating differential
line receiver, the SSM2141 High Common-Mode Rejection Differential Line Receiver
at (http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,SSM2141,00.html). These units are
quite good at handling high common-mode signals (induced noise).

Since you haven't mentioned the exact nature of your signal, such as frequency
range, required gain and gain accuracy, etc, I'm assuming that it's in the audio
range, and gain accuracy is a secondary consideration. These two units are
designed specifically for professional quality audio equipment, and will easily
fit that requirement.
If your signal requirements are different, such as video, digital, etc, then you
need to come back to us for a more meaningful answer. We can't give precise
answers to ambiguous questions.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.