Lane

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:14:08 -0800, "Lane"

lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:
I've already found you a job at the QuikTrip, paying twice what you're
grossing now, and with a medical and dental insurance program. All
you have to do is show up. After the asset sale, your baggage should
be hand carryable.

A job at a convince store pays $52,000 a year? You can't be serious.

It is the store manager job, and yes I am serious. They're building new
QuikTrips as fast as they can put them up, so they're always looking for
people to run them. Even clerks start at better than $10 an hour.

It isn't just service jobs that are booming either. If you can run or

repair
construction equipment, or do electrical work, you can write your own
ticket. This is the 3rd fastest growing county in the US, and there is a
chronic labor shortage, despite Mexicans arriving by the truckload.

Gary

Gary
The point being, that anyone can't just walk into this $52,000 a year job.
From their web page: "Based on job performance, Those holding full time jobs
as Second Assistant Managers are eligible for promotion to First Assistant
and then to Store Manager full time jobs." So, Gunner could not just move
and show up and land this job. Sorry to burst the bubble for you Gunner.

I looked on the QuikTrip web page and yes they are hiring, but I don't see
anywhere near $10/hr given for a starting wage, except for one position;
that of a night time second assistant. Clerks are starting at $7 to $9/hr
depending on if you are full time or part time and by location. Each
location is a different pay scale, with $9/hr the highest one I see. This is
far from $10/hr and not the norm. Gary, you have been deceived. Let's see
$7/hr equals about $14,500/year, less than what Gunner is making now. Yup,
he ought to sell everything and go grab this opportunity.

I find it interesting how people paint such rosy pictures and then when
scrutinized, the picture isn't so rosy. I've been dealing with this a lot in
my job hunting for the last year. I'm told of such and such or go do this,
or you're qualified for that. When these are looked at more carefully or I
go to apply for these jobs, the employers want more experience, or certain
degrees or certificates. With this economy and high unemployment rate they
can be very picky in their hiring. When the I tell the person that told me
about it, they go; "oh really? That can't be right." Then they shrug their
shoulders and change the subject. Yet in their mind, they feel like they've
helped the poor soul who is looking for a job, instead they have just given
him even more frustration in an already frustrating endeavor.

Lane