Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default How to extend wiring by about a foot?

The junction box that makes it legal is built into the fan

"Terry" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Apr 17, 9:58 am, "steve" wrote:
New cabinets will cause the Stove to be repositioned about 1 foot to the
right.
The wiring that went to the light / exhaust vent is to short to reach.
The wires just came out of a hole in the wall, no box there.

What's the best way to extend these wires?

Can I just put wire nuts and tape them?

I'm not sure if there is a stud in the way? I'll explore the hole
tonight.
If I have to get on the other side of the stud I may see if I can pull
the
old line and run a new line from the attic.

Is it "normal" to not install a box and just run the wires through a hole
in
the wall and into the back of the stove vent.

TIA

Steve

You might be able to locate a new junction box inside the cabinets.
Use another piece of romex to wire the fan.

Not having a box for the fan is common, but not legal by the code.