Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Justin West Justin West is offline

Default Question about cordless phone battery

The only issue you may encounter is with the handsets battery monitor
(if in fact you have one). I've done the same with my Siemens
cordless phone and find it reports that it's always half full. On the
flipside, it can now last approximately a week or 2 without charging,
instead of a day as before.

On Apr 18, 12:58 am, "Daave"
wrote:
I have a Northwestern Bell 36007 cordless phone. The battery conks out
much sooner than it used to, so I assume it's time to purchase a
replacement battery. The problem is the three stores I have been to so
far apparently don't recognize this model (at least in the compatibility
directories)!

For what it's worth, it uses an NICD 3.6 V rechargeable battery, 450
mAh. As far as type/size/plug, I have found similar batteries in these
stores, but none with the same milliAmperehour value (450).

Does this matter? Isn't this value merely how long the battery will keep
a charge? Is it safe to go with a 3.6 NICD battery that is 1,000 mAh?

TIA.