Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default single ended signal to differential signal?

Rüdiger Leibrandt wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Rüdiger Leibrandt wrote:
I posted this a bit earlier in sci.electronics.design, but this list
seems to be more alive at this time of the day: I need to convert a
single ended signal to a differential one. Theres is plenty of
documentation on the other way ( differential to single ended ) but I am
lost regardign info on my problem. Anyone has some info or links to this
topic? I need to both amplify the signal and boost it over the line.

Any help or suggestion appreciated.

Unbalanced

Single ended

to balanced?

Differential (audio terminology)

What is the signal? And just how far are you
sending it using which cable?

Okay: the signal is a few millivolts around 2V, but it can go up to full 5
Volts in the extreme case. The cable used is a category 5 cable, about, I
think, 8 meters in length. I'm just the poor guy having to solder it all
together, so I can at this time not make much from the terms balanced or
unbalanced. With an average of 2V the signal has a definetive offset,

Is it an AC signal riding on a DC level ?

and
it needs being DC coupled into the TL072 acting as line driver for the
differential line. I find no infos on the net for that kind of setup, and
it wonders me, for there are tons of scenarios where the reverse is being
done.

What kind of signal are you dealing with here ?

Graham