Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Max Max is offline

Default M2 Steel source?

Prometheus writes:

Try one of these guys out, if you get the opportunity-

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...y=120824224 6

I like the store, but their toolbits are a little pricey at
$1.29. Most people get them from a company like ENCO

Current ENCO prices for M2 toolbits:
$0.49 1/8 x 1/8 x 2 1/2
0.55 3/8 x 3/8 x 2 1/2
0.72 1/4 x 1/4 x 2 1/2
0.84 5/8 x 5/8 x 2 1/2

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK32?PARTPG=INSRAR2

They go on sale often. Some buy by the dozen.
Enco also has 3 ft Drill Rod. A-2 is Air Hardened.

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INLMK32?PARTPG=INSRAR2

1/2 inch by 36" is $18.91

Combine these and make a Oland tool. I haven't made one yet (it's on
my todo list), but cut the drill rod in half which gives you a 18"
metal holder to mount in a wooden handle and $10 each. The toolbit
goes at the end of the drill rod. You could also grind your own
profile I guess.

People usually wait until they have a $50 order (or more), and use the
ENCO coupon code so they get free shipping.

ps. Enco has 4 kinds of drill rod
A-1 Air Hardening
D-1 Air Hardening
O-1 Oil Hardening
W-1 Water Hardening

They have air harden flat stock, and machinist tools, etc.
I have lots on my TODO list.