Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Question about cordless phone battery

Daave wrote:
I have a Northwestern Bell 36007 cordless phone. The battery conks out
much sooner than it used to, so I assume it's time to purchase a
replacement battery. The problem is the three stores I have been to so
far apparently don't recognize this model (at least in the compatibility
directories)!

For what it's worth, it uses an NICD 3.6 V rechargeable battery, 450
mAh. As far as type/size/plug, I have found similar batteries in these
stores, but none with the same milliAmperehour value (450).

Does this matter? Isn't this value merely how long the battery will keep
a charge? Is it safe to go with a 3.6 NICD battery that is 1,000 mAh?

TIA.

Sure, it may take a bit longer to reach a full charge, but you'll get
better life than you ever got when the phone was new. The slower charge
will be easier on the battery as well. You can splice on the old plug if
you can't find one that matches too.