Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repainting asbestos cement garage wall

On 17 Apr, 23:39, wrote:
On 17 Apr,
Tom Woods wrote:
On 16 Apr 2007 15:06:00 -0700, "yogi"
wrote:

The paint on my garage is flaking and pealing and needs to be removed
before I re-paint the asbestos cement panels. Are there any particular
precautions I should take or methods of paint removal that I should
avoid (e.g. sanding, scraping, burning off or nitromorse) and any
particular paint I need to use when repainting? Any advice would be
appreciated. Thanks.

a pressure washer might take it off and should be fairly safe i'd
imagine?

And what happens to the released fibres when they dry out afterwards and
blow about?

what released fibres?

NT