Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Building kitchen cabinets in place instead of modular units

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 16, 3:59 pm, "Swingman" wrote:
[politely snipped very informative post for brevity]

Do you run your gabels of the base cabinets to the floor, with a cut-
out for the kick?

Yes, the cabinets are complete units from top to bottom. The kicks
indentations are cut out from the cabinet sides and then closed in with a
vertical kick plate in most places. Some times hidden drawers with a kick
plate appearance are installed under the base cabinet floor.

Or do you install and level the kick first before putting on your base
cabinets?

See above answer.

Orrrrr, do you use feet? I have been looking at those adjustable ones,
but the kick-plate clips look like a PITA.

See top answer. No feet.

By the way, I find I get better yields from raw stock when building
smaller cabinets, beside the obvious plus side of being able to carry
them.

Yeah, the huge cabinets will tend to leave you with some left over odd sized
pieces, although I did 2 kitchens back in the 90's that had 12' single run
cabinets that were not wasteful at all.