Posted to rec.woodworking
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default Building kitchen cabinets in place instead of modular units

...... Norm built all the cabinets (3 or 4 in a
row) as one, long unit. If I remember correctly, it looked pretty
easy as compared to building individual units.

Thats' two questions:

Built in place? or Built as single unit?

I did my kitchen cabs as compound modules that is, one big 8' box. 8' is the
practical limit because of the availability of plywood. It's really not any
different than smaller modules. It's just a bigger box with interior
partitions. The module is built square and then shimmed plumb upon
installation.

If you meant build in place, don't do it. It's a nightmare to keep things
square.

-Steve