Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.chem,alt.med.veterinary,sci.bio.microbiology
[email protected] timothy42b@aol.com is offline

Default Ozone Generator -vs- Cat Urine Spray?

On Apr 13, 8:49 pm, "dlzc" wrote:
Unless we are going to talk past one
another yet again, the last words can be yours.

David A. Smith

While getting the last word can be pleasant, data might be more useful
in resolving the disagreement.

I am skeptical about the effectiveness of ozone on directly reducing
odor because of the difficulty controlling concentration and contact
time. The people who try to sell me boiler chemicals, swimming pool
treatments, drinking water treatments, etc., know what concentrations
they want AND how to measure what they are getting. The people who
try to sell me magnetic water treatment and ozone odorant control
usually know neither. Often they can't even tell you units for flow.

You are skeptical about the effectiveness of ozone on reducing smell
sensitivity, I don't really know why.

The data I think would be useful would be the concentrations known to
have an effect on the nose, and the concentrations known to have an
effect on aerosol odorous compounds. I don't know where to look for
that data, I'm assigned to Europe with no access to English language
libraries.