Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default floodlights with light/motion sensor

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:59:32 -0500, (DT)
wrote:

The one I installed recently works pretty much like what you want. A momentary
power off/on will turn on the light, but only when it is dark. If you lock it

Right away that is a big advantage.

on during the night, it resets at dawn. Not sure what brand it is, I got it at
Home Depot.

I've heard of them. In fact I think there are 6 within 10 miles of
here!

Mine is a glass fixture, not a floodlight, but I assume the method
of operation would be the same on other models. You can check the operation
manual before you buy one.

Well, my front door light is like that, so maybe they do make
floodlights the same way. I will go look before I leave on my trip.
I planned to leave already, but it's much too cold to call it a summer
trip with the top down. (The problem is when it's warm enough in Md,
and Tenn. maybe it's going to be too hot in Texas and ARkansas. We'll
see.) A week to get there, a week there, and 4 to 7 days to get back.
I don't take xways if I don't have to and I like to stop and look at
things.